Monday, June 16, 2014

Honor Harrington

OK, so the movie is slated for 2017 release. Guess I have no choice but to wait, and I'm getting older every year. Meanwhile, Top Cow is releasing comic adaptations of David Weber's Honor Harrington novels, beginning with On Basilisk Station. You can find them here: http://www.thetopcowstore.com/searchresults.asp?cat=82. I've got the first two issues. I believe they have about three different artists working on this, and the end result is perhaps not what a lot of Honor Harrington fans envisioned while reading the novels. Partly because each artist has his own style, partly because this is all still a work in progress as the guys at Evergreen Studios work through the design process for the movie. It isn't easy to produce visually what David Weber has written about in the novels. Meanwhile, I think the comic versions are worth checking out.

Peace, J

No comments:

Post a Comment